State of Texas Government procurement. Federal and Local Government procurement opportunities are not addressed in this workshop.
This workshop is intended for individuals who want to learn how to do business with the State of Texas.
Do you want to do business with the State of Texas, but are not sure what is required? Let us show you! This workshop will introduce you to the essential programs for understanding how the State of Texas does business and the steps necessary for you to conduct business with the state.
The TX Comptroller of Public Accounts State Purchasing website is the location for you to learn how to do business with the State of Texas. We will review the website to:
This workshop is hands-on to help enhance your learning. You will have a seat at a computer and will we walk you through the TX Comptroller of Public Accounts State Purchasing website to introduce you to their various procurement programs.
- Research your National Institute of Governmental Purchasing (NIGP) codes;
- Review statewide contract programs;
- Discuss how the Centralized Master Bidders List (CMBL) is used by state agencies to locate vendors;
- Show you where to find statewide procurement opportunities through the CMBL and outreach marketing; and
- Review the eligibility and application process for the Historically Underutilized Business (HUB) program.
Learning Objective: The objective of this workshop is to help you understand how to do business with State of Texas.
Dennis McIntosh, Procurement Advisor, UH Procurement Technical Assistance Center
Satisfactory meeting room temperatures are difficult to maintain. Always bring a sweater or jacket to ensure comfort.
No children under the age of 16 are allowed in the workshop.
Only service animals allowed - If you need to bring a service animal with you to a workshop please contact us ahead of time.