Please Note: This class has reached its capacity. No registrations will be taken online or at the door.
Government Certification Programs A to Z
9:30 AM - 12:00 PM
Location: Fort Bend County SBDC, 117 Lane Drive
Rosenberg, Texas 77471
Registration is no longer available.
Have you heard that getting certified is a must if you want to do business with government agencies and prime contractors? Come join us to learn about the various certification programs you may be eligible for with federal, state, and local government.
Government certification programs provide socio and economically-disadvantaged individuals reduced competition for prime contracts and may improve subcontracting opportunities. The eligible groups are minorities, women, persons with disabilities (including Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Businesses), and small businesses.
In this workshop you will learn about these government certification programs:
- Small Business Administration 8(a)
- Historically Underutilized Business Zone (HUBZone)
- Economically Disadvantaged / Women-Owned Small Business (ED/WOSB)
- Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB)
- State of Texas Historically Underutilized Business (HUB)
- City of Houston Minority Business Enterprise (MBE)Women Business Enterprise (WBE), Persons with Disabilities Business Enterprise (PDBE), and Small Business Enterprise (SBE) certifications.
- Houston Minority Supplier Development Council (HMSDC)
- Women’s Business Enterprise Alliance (WBEA)
We will review program eligibility requirements for each certification.
Target Audience: This workshop is intended for individuals who want to learn about the socio and economically-disadvantaged certification programs available with federal, state, and local government.
Learning Objective: The objective of the workshop is to provide you an understanding of the certification programs you may be legible for with federal, state, and local Government and the eligibility process for each.
Dennis McIntosh Procurement Advisor, UH Procurement Technical Assistance Center
This training will be conducted at the Fort Bend County SBDC location- See Map Below