Join us at this half-day training session where you will receive an overview of current employment laws as well as HR best practices. It is designed to equip business owners and managers with the knowledge to lead a successful company, establish compliant organizational practices, and set the tone for a respectful workplace that may just earn your business the title of “best places to work”.
This session is geared to business owners, managers, and new HR Professionals.
Bootcamp Highlights -
- Employment Laws - Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), Form I-9, Discrimination and Harassment
- HR Best Practices – Documentation, Workplace Civility, and Unconscious Bias
- Equip managers at all levels with tools and tips to be successful
- How to promote compliance at all levels
- Engage managers to set the tone for a respectful workplace and employee engagement
Erica DyReyes, Esq., CEO, Employee Relations Consulting, LLC.
Satisfactory meeting room temperatures are difficult to maintain. Always bring a sweater or jacket to ensure comfort.
No children under the age of 16 are allowed in the workshop.
Only service animals allowed - If you need to bring a service animal with you to a workshop please contact us ahead of time.
Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance. Contact the UH Bauer College SBDC at 713-752-8488 for accommodations, or if you have questions about this class.
If you choose to pay at the door please add $20 to the registration fee.