WordPress is a popular and easy to use “website creating software”. It allows you to create a website or blog that is simple and easy to navigate. Over 60 million people have chosen WordPress to power the place on the web they call “home”. In this hands-on session you will walk away with the knowledge to be able to create a live, online site on your own.
In this session you will:
This workshop is for beginners.
Beth Guide, Owner, ACTWD/SEO411.com
Basic Internet surfing skills.
Before taking this workshop, you should be familiar with personal computers and the use of a keyboard and a mouse.
No one will be admitted to computer workshops later than 10 minutes past the start time.
This training is conducted on PC computers - MAC computers are not used.
Please do not bring your laptops as we cannot offer assistance using them and the exercises used during the workshop cannot be loaded to personal laptops. Each participant will have a PC computer to work on during the workshop.
You will be given a temporary WordPress.org account to use during this session. If you already have a WordPress.org account you will not use that account.
Satisfactory meeting room temperatures are difficult to maintain. Always bring a sweater or jacket to ensure comfort.
No children under the age of 16 are allowed in the workshop.
Only service animals allowed - If you need to bring a service animal with you to a workshop please contact us ahead of time.
Pay on-Line: $49.00
Pay at the door: $69.00
- have hosting, security, and backups handled by Wordpress.com (custom domains are available)
- personalize one of Wordpress.com’s hundreds of themes for your website design
- easily integrate your site with social media
Choose Wordpress.org if you want to:
- host your own site and perform your own backups and maintenance
- install custom themes for your website design
- install plugins to enable social media shareability on your site
Registration is no longer available.