Do you need funding for your high-tech innovation?
Are you planning to start a technology venture?
Or, do you have a technology business that’s ready to grow?
Then come to the UH SBDC, where high-tech comes face to face with strategic business advice. Ordinary business consulting is not enough: you need our experienced, specially trained business advisors to help you navigate the unique and complex landscape of tech commercialization.
UH SBDC has an unparalleled commitment to entrepreneurship. From connecting you with resources that help with early stage prototyping and testing, to helping you with in-depth market research, funding proposal preparation and presentation readiness – our goal is to help you move your innovative technologies to market.
Our no-cost advising services cover all phases of starting or expanding a technology-related business. We can help you:
- Assess the commercial viability of your project
- Investigate the competition
- Identify market strategy
- Answer intellectual property questions
- Refine your elevator pitch and develop your presentation
- Find and evaluate funding sources
We can also help you obtain the accurate and timely information you’ll need to create a successful business strategy. Our skilled research librarian, using powerful, online subscription databases, will help you with critical business research and provide you with targeted, customized results.
Our extensive resources include databases such as:
- Knowledge Express, broad coverage of technology transfer intelligence to help you find companies and contacts, sponsored research opportunities, deal information, and royalty rate examples for benchmarking. Information specific to the pharmaceutical industry, including drug sales numbers and FDA Orange Book data, is also available.
Get started today with your business research or the launch or expansion of your technology venture. Call UH SBDC at 713-752-8400 to schedule your appointment for free and confidential consulting with an expert advisor.