Ready to open a restaurant?
Think your recipe would sell big if you could get it into the market?
Already in the restaurant or specialty food business?
Whether you are just developing your concept, working hard to keep your establishment running smoothly, or planning to expand and grow your operation, take advantage of the many resources at the University of Houston Small Business Development Center. For more than 25 years, UH SBDC has been helping Houston-area restaurant owners, caterers, and makers of specialty food products start and grow their businesses. We haven’t studied at the Cordon Bleu, but we do know how to put together the right mix of Ingredients for Success.
Menu of services:
Discover what it really takes to open a restaurant or sell your product when you attend our affordable and practical workshops. Managing day to day business operations, planning for growth, marketing your business—we cover it all. Our Ingredients for Success workshops are taught by prominent industry experts and provide essential knowledge for starting and running a food-related business.
Here are just a few of the types of food related workshops we offer:
- Starting and operating a restaurant
- Starting and running a successful specialty food business or catering company
- Managing food service businesses--from menus to marketing
View and register for our workshops here.
Business Advisory Services
Free and confidential advice from a UH SBDC business advisor can help you achieve success. Meeting one on one with a UH SBDC business advisor is like having another expert in your kitchen. From initial research and start-up strategies, to expansion and growth options, and everything in between—UH SBDC business advisors are key Ingredients for Success.
We’ll help you:
- Develop a solid plan for the launch or expansion of your venture
- Evaluate your funding needs and prepare a financing proposal
- Identify possible sources of funding, such as a loan backed by the SBA
Call 713.752.8400 today to schedule your free appointment with one of our business advisors.
Business Research Assistance
Use the extensive research tools in our business library to add to your Ingredients for Success. Staffed by our professional research librarian, our library is the place to go for the market and industry research you need.
Our librarian can help you:
- Identify your competitors using our up-to-date databases
- Analyze consumer spending patterns, preferences and product demand
- Learn about current food- related consumer patterns, industry trends and local markets
E-mail Mary Nemmers, at firstname.lastname@example.org, to get started with your research project.
Join the thousands of businesses that have started, prospered and grown with the help of the UH SBDC.
Become one of our success stories today!