Fundraising within the Law for Nonprofits: Compliance for Raffles, Casino Nights, and More
9:00 AM - 11:30 AM
Location: UH SBDC, 2032 Fannin, Suite 200,
Texas state law is very specific on how organizations may use gaming as a fundraising tool. In this class, nonprofit veteran Mona Fluitt will discuss state and federal laws surrounding raffles, bingo, casino nights, and poker runs. You owe it to yourself to become familiar with these laws in order to meet your obligation to conduct business within the law and avoid trouble for your organization and yourself.
You will receive information on:
• How to access online gambling laws including Raffles, Bingos and Casino/Poker Nights, for your personal reference library
• What the laws says regarding who can hold a raffle, how often raffles can be held, raffle ticket printing requirements, and selling of tickets on the internet or across state lines
• US Domestic Mailing Code and Federal Express/UPS regulations regarding delivery of raffle/lottery materials
• The IRS publication regarding gambling for fundraising
• Including alcohol as a silent auction item (such as a wine basket or fine wine collection)
• How to obtain a Charitable Auction Permit for selling alcohol
This session will provide information only and is not intended to provide legal advice. You are advised to seek the services of a licensed professional if you are concerned about a specific legal issue.
Mona E. Fluitt, Fluitt Solutions - Serving nonprofit organizations since 1988
Satisfactory meeting room temperatures are difficult to maintain. Always bring a sweater or jacket to ensure comfort.
Pay on-line and Save $20!
Pay at the door Price: $49.00
On-Line You Save: $20.00
Pay On-Line Price: $29.00